Ford GPW – 1944
Manufactured by Ford Motor Company, USA. Delivered to the USA Army on 29th February 1994. The original crimp with the vehicle delivery date, engine & chassis number is on the right hand dashboard. 6 Volts, left hand drive, 4 x 4 Jeep. Restored to original condition – Petrol engine.
- Length : 132.25 inches
- Width : 62 inches
- Height, top up : 69.75 inches
- Height, top down : 52 inches
- Engine : Ford 4 cyl L-head, 134.2 ci, 6.48:1 compression
- Horsepower (net) : 54 @ 4,000 rpm
- Transmission : Warner T-84J 3 speed synchromesh
- Transfer case : Dana Spicer 18 2 speed
- Gear Shift : Floor mounted
- Axles : Spicer Dana 4.88:1 23-2 rear, Dana 25 front
- Electrical System : 6v, neg ground
- Wheelbase : 80 inches
- Ground Clearance : 8.75 inches
- Approach Angle : 45°
- Departure Angle : 35°
- Weight w/o gas and water : 2,337 lbs
- Fording Depth : 21 inches max
- Tires : 6.00×16 non-directional
- Ford GPW Jeeps manufacture was discontinued by Ford Motor Company,
- USA, after the end of Word War II, in August 1945.
President Eisenhower is reportedly to have once said the two pieces of equipment that were most influential in winning the World War were the Jeep and the C-47 Skytrain or Dakota Aircraft.